"William Millar, ex-Reeve of the Township of Kincardine, is a native of Scotland, where he was born in 1802. Emigrating to Canada in 1841, he came to North Easthope via New York and Buffalo, and when he landed at Port Stanley he changed his last half-sovereign. After living a few years in succession in North Easthope, Blandford, and Wilmot Townships, he came to Kincardine, and located on Lot 21, south of the Durham Road, which has ever since been his home.
Very soon after taking up his residence here, Mr. Millar identified himself with municipal matters. He was seventeen years in the Township Council, two years of which time he was a Councillor, one year Deputy Reeve, and fourteen years Reeve, when he voluntarily retired from participation in public local affairs some eight years ago.
Though his connection with municipal matters is dissolved, Mr. Millar has been President of the local Agricultural Society on various occasions; and is a man to whom the public look up with much respect and confidence."
Belden 1880 Atlas of the County of Bruce