"Charles Wickham, of Kincardine, is an Englishman by birth, his father's family having emigrated from that country when he was in his infancy, to Cayuga County, New York, where his early boyhood days were spent. He removed when quite young to Canada, locating first in Norwich, Oxford County, where he learned carriage-making with a brother. He subsequently carried on this business for himself in St. Mary's for seven or eight years, after which he was engaged in the foundry business some five years at the same place. He then came to the Township of Saugeen, before it was surveyed, in 1851, but after a year's residence returned to St. Mary's, and again engaged in the foundry business. In 1858 he came back to Bruce and located where Tiverton now stands, being engaged in the saw mill business till 1874, when he removed to Kincardine, and has since been carrying on a grain and produce trade.
Mr. Wickham has been very successful in business. He now owns some 5OO acres in the County of Bruce, which includes several of the choicest farms within its limits, besides other eligible properties in town and country, and is considered one of the most substantial business men of the place."
Belden 1880 Atlas of the County of Bruce